Wrapping up Winter.

Winter seems to be having a psychotic meltdown in Ohio lately. It was 50° on Christmas morning and now as the New Year's round the corner it's snowing pretty much every day? Go home winter, you're drunk.  

Although I'm in heaven knowing that I have at least 2 more months of cold weather left, I do always feel this style rut right after the holiday season.  Even though I absolutely love layering and winter fashion, I rely a lot on holiday looks all the way through the end of the year.  It's easy and fun to thrown on fair isle sweaters, embellished tops, and just about anything kelly green and candy apple red from Thanksgiving day through then end of the year.  The problem with winter fashion is that grey zone between the end of the year and the beginning of spring where the weather is still cold, but the holidays are over. It's hard for me to not reach for my holiday sweaters anymore and I've had to get creative with staying weather appropriate and also fashion forward.  

I picked up this Burberry nova check plaid inspired wrap at my go-to spot during one of those holiday season and did a little searching on Pinterest to find how to wear it.  I've never owned a wrap before so this was a whole new adventure for me. One of the most figure flattering ways I fell in love with is to belt it around the front flaps and leave the back completely loose creating this poncho/ cape hybrid with a synched waist.   For an upscaled look I went with basic black leggings and some chunky heeled boots.