Holiday Dinner Party: What to Wear & What to

Christmas is literally days away and people everywhere are starting to have those holiday party invites roll on in.  Today, I have combined efforts with my friend and fellow OHS Lumberjack to bring you a Holiday Dinner Party Lookbook and Recipe Guide! She'll be showing you some amazing recipe ideas broken down into 3 types of parties, and I will be showing you some great outfit ideas to suit your dinner party needs.

The Workplace Dinner Party
Let's face it, you can sometimes get carried away with the "freedom" of a holiday party and not having to follow company dress code for a night. It's easy to put on the super sexy GNO dress and your highest of heels just to prove a point, but there are other ways to dress workplace party appropriate and still achieve a festive holiday look. Below, I put together a classic outfit that I'm sure you can replicate with pieces you have at home, or after a short trip to the mall. A lot of stores do their version of this classic black and white tuxedo blazer this time of the year and it's a great staple piece for any woman, SO INVEST! I layered it over this gorgeous blush tank from The Limited with an peek-a-boo layer of silver sequins! I kept it classic on the bottom with some black skinnies and added sparkly pumps to complete the look.



Top: Limited / Blazer: Charlotte Russe (similar here) / Skinnies & Pumps: Target / Necklace: Aria 

The 'Adult Friendly' Dinner Party
Sometimes, it's fun to let loose and relax and frankly....drinks don't hurt that cause. If you are over the age of 21 and throw a dinner party that has alcoholic beverages, you can really have fun with what you wear because you are most likely in someone's home! A classic holiday look that any woman with any body type can pull off, is a great black and white pencil skirt with a bright green or red blouse! I added some fun jewelry to my look, including this adorable present bow ring.


Skirt: JCPenney / Blouse: The Limited / Necklace: Prabal Gurung / Earrings: Ebay / Ring: Sears

The Young Adult Dinner Party
The most fun of parties is the classic Ugly Christmas Sweater party, it's a great option for men and women of all ages, but the people who I have found get the most into it are my age, usually late teens, early 20s. You can each throw in $5-$10 into a pot and then vote on who wore the ugliest! The winner takes home the money :) I couldn't pass up this amazing find when I saw it, and I've already gotten tons and tons of compliments on it. I'm glad I grabbed it when I did too because it sold out in my store in hours. 


Head to Toe: Target

So now that you know what to wear, I bet you're wondering what to make! Head on over to my friend's blog (here) to get some amazing recipe ideas from Jessica! 

Stay stylish and Eat Your Heart Out
XoXo
-Viktoria

'Like' Me on Facebook by clicking HERE...Thanks!