Valentine's Day Look 3 - Guess who's back?

So you remember that fun black tulle skirt I bought for the holidays, a la edgy ballerina (click here)? Well this new skirt of mine is the Prima ballerina to my Black Swan.  

As I've spent the past 2 years breaking into the blogosphere I've often seen some of my favorite fashion bloggers style  full tulle skirts.  Although it's always looked great on them, I've never been able to pull them off myself.  When this more moderate version of the same skirt came along, I pounced.   A couple months ago Lauren Conrad released these tulle skirts with a bit less poof than what I'm used to seeing, opening the gates of possibility to my style.  Since the full skirts didn't exactly fit my vibe, I was thrilled to find these and realize I could actually pull them off.  I picked the black one up originally (thinking the color suited me better), but when the cream version of the same exact skirt finally went on clearance I bought that one too.....just in time for Valentines Day.

When it comes to styling a skirt like this, if you're not an uber feminine girly girl, you can pair it with edgy pieces like a leather jacket.  For the rest of this outfit I tried to pick pieces that most women would have in their closet already so that if you want to replicate it you can.  A striped shirt and a faux crystal necklace provide a great base layer to this outfit, but if you do want to achieve an even more feminine look swap out the striped shirt for a polka dot one!








Jacket: Rock & Republic / Skirt: LC Lauren Conrad / Shirt: Joe Fresh / Pumps: Target 
Shop Smart. Look Chic. Stay Stylish
XoXo
-Viktoria