How To Style: Florals for Spring!

If there is a pattern that will never go away for Spring, it's florals. Although they are a bit confusing to wear considering the ridiculous variety, from small dainty patterns to high contrast bold ones, every woman with any sense of style should be able to find one that suits her needs.  Today, I'll be showing you ladies 4 different outfits featuring my favorite floral items that I already had in my closet. Although some of them are newer, some of them are also from years ago, which just goes to show you how worthwhile it is to invest in pieces that defy time.  

~Classic Spring~
For this first look we are playing with not a floral print, but a floral necklace. This large statement necklace I found on Ebay and was definitely inspired by a piece that J.Crew released sometime last year.  Since it is such a statement piece I usually try and keep the rest of my outfit pretty simple, and let the necklace do the talking, but today I played around with layering pieces and mixing prints.  I wanted to try to create a sort of "Contemporary Spring Suit" with white skinnies and a white blazer but I wasn't feeling it like I did when I created my blue suit for last years Spring Trends articles.  Instead, a fun alternative to blazer for spring is a a crisp white denim jacket!  You can have fun with a "spring suit" by layering any blouse and shoe combo with your white denim jacket and white pants! This fun bird tank has shades of blue and green so I decided to mix prints by pairing it with my aztec print wedges from Target since they have a little sliver of neon green on them, tying in the color scheme with the blouse. 





Wedges: Target / Pants: Express / Tank: Limited / Denim Jacket: JCPenney / Necklace: Ebay


~Rocking the Flowers~
Now if you consider your personal style more edgy or "rocker" if you will, you can easily pair leather and studs with florals.  I have this beautiful purple and blue floral tank top from years ago and it pairs great with my leather skirt! To keep the rest of the look casual yet comfy I added my studded Steve Madden sandals, which complement the skirt perfectly, and add a pop of studded awesomeness at my feet!

yeah I know my bra is majorly sticking out. It happens.



Sandals: Steve Madden / Skirt: H&M / Tank: Forever21 / Earrings: Ebay / Necklace: Aria

~Pencil it in~
 This is one of those pieces that I have in my wardrobe and absolutely adore, I adore it so much I never wear it out of sheer fear that I'll rip it or accidentally spill something on it. If you know me, you know that is actually more common than you'd think. Since it is a statement skirt I paired it with a solid black tank top and a denim vest.  Here's a little insider secret into the AllSizeFitsOne closet, I haven't paid more than $5 for any of my solid denim jackets (the blue ones).  I always find them at the thrift shop and it's not just because I'm trying to be crafty. Denim is hard to break in, there are jeans that I have had for years that are just now loose enough to be comfortable. If you are lucky enough to find one, at a thrift shop, that then it's pretty much already been broken in for you! The vest below was a denim jacket I found for a couple bucks, and chopped the sleeves off of.  To top off the look, I added combat boots instead of heels because that's just how I do.









Skirt: Target / Boots: Endless.com / Vest: Thrifted / Tank: Marshalls /


~Jersey Days~
Ok, this jersey below. I just. I can't. There are no words. Adore it. I just adore it. Here's what happened....

Let's start with the backstory. Not to toot my own horn but I totally trend forecasted athletic wear as every day wear. I've been pairing jerseys with heels and a blazer for years and finally looks like that have their well deserved time in the spotlight for spring 2014.  I also love florals. I love pairing them with edgier pieces because I like pushing the boundaries of the norm.  When I saw the floral jersey below my heart stopped. I actually squealed and the fell back on my bed and I'm pretty sure my heart literally stopped beating for a split second.  Now I only stumbled upon this jersey because my best friend Kat was telling me the store that sells it had some cute rompers on sale so I was browsing their website one day and saw it.  Luckily another one of my friends, Molly, happens to work at their Dayton location and I was visiting Dayton for the weekend so I stopped right in and she helped me find it immediately.  Needless to say, it was one of those pieces that didn't make it 5 minutes once I got home for me to put on.  And you will never guess who sells it......Forever21!  Not that I have anything against that store but as of lately, I have rarely shopped there. I work in the mall, so the appeal of shopping pretty much anywhere is gone. When you are around clothing all day, by the time you get off work you just want to go home.  So even though my store happens to be literally across the way from an F21, I never go in there anymore.  Here's the best part.....this jersey is only $13.80! That's right, not even $15 after tax.  It's actually really good quality, runs a bit big so I got a Medium where I usually wear a Large.  But I mean, seriously, what a steal! When I bought it I immediately pictures it with ripped jeans and a black blazer, per usual, but I decided to go with something a bit different with black skinnies and a white vest.  My super fun oversized chain link necklace and studded pumps add to whole appeal of styling up a jersey!







Skinnies: Target / Pumps: Jessica Simpson via DSW / Jersey: Forever21 / Vest: Target / Necklace: Express

So as you can see, there are many possibilities to styling florals. From faux jerseys to jewelry to your common tank top, these are a just a few quick ideas to help plant the seed, no pun intended, for spring florals. These looks are just the tip of the iceberg, I would love to see what you all come up with too! I hope you all enjoyed these outfits today!

Stay Stylish
XoXo
-Viktoria

photos courtesy of Jay L. Photography