Trend Alert: Athletic Wear

Sporty Chic has an amazing ring to it doesn't it? I think so.  I have always been a fan of jerseys, but for the most part I just paired mine with ripped jeans and converse then skipped my way to the football game.  Lately, however, I have noticed that athletic style apparel is being sold all over the place.  From shirts with the double stripes on the sleeve to perforated tops reminiscent of football jerseys, athletic inspired pieces are all the rage for Spring 2014. In the first part of this series, I will be showing you three different ways to style the athletic trend for spring with a basic sports tee, a faux jersey top and a men's tank.  

.........................................................................................................

With this first look, I wanted to play on styling up something as simple as a tank top.  This specific tank is from the men's department, since they simply did not make a women's version and I love the Bulls, I picked it up anyways.  I paired mine with a full skirt and buckled gladiator type heels which are another trending item, but in the shoe world.  By doing so, I created a very feminine silhouette but I styled the look a bit edgier with a spiky necklace.










Skirt: Express / Tank: Target Men's / Shoes: Jessica Simpson / Necklace: Aria
This next look is a great option for someone who has a more casual sense of style.  You can easily dress up any basic team tee with a button up blouse and a spring jacket so that its nicer than just jeans, but still comfy casual.  To match my (new) team's colors, I picked a boyfriend style collared shirt with blue and white stripes then added cognac accents in my shoes and my pleather jacket.  My chunky stone necklace topped off my look and added a fun accent to complete the outfit.  The best part about this look for spring is the fact that colored accent jewelry is just perfect.  Whether turquoise jewelry suits your team colors, or even yellow, green, or orange, you can have fun adding pops of color around your neck, wrists and ears!






Shorts, Overshirt, & (old) Jacket: JCPenney / Colts Tee: Old Navy / Shoes & Necklace: Target
Lastly, for those of you who are a lot edgier but still love a good jersey, don't be afraid to rock black on black for Spring. Although spring is known for colorful new pieces and floral accents, if that's not your cup of tea then don't worry! H&M currently sells this super budget friendly jersey with a simple white 36 on it.  I paired mine with a pair of basic black shorts that I have had for years, and layered on a couple of my favorite silver necklaces to glam it up a notch.  Converse should be in any sports lover's closet so with the help of a distressed denim jacket, I completed my look with those two pieces.











Converse: Journey's / Shorts: Kohls / Tee: H&M / Jacket: JCPenney / Necklace: H&M
 I hope you all enjoyed the first 3 athletic inspired outfits that I brought you today! A few of the pieces I'm wearing are currently being sold in stores so you can rock the same exact pieces I did.  Stay tuned for part two, as always....
Stay Stylish
XoXo
-Viktoria
 *photos courtesy of Jay L. Photography*