Goodbye Fall.

Fall is coming to an end.  Last week brought us a few days in the 60s and this week temperatures plummeted down into the 30s watching the first hints of winter fall from the sky in the form of teeny tiny snowflakes.  As the weather takes these few weeks to behave like a temperamental teenager, your wardrobe needs to transition accordingly.  That means adding an extra layer, trading out the slouchy booties for knee high winter boots, and starting to pack away those few fall jackets and bring out the big dogs....coats.  

Today, as a last ditch homage to my favorite Fall weather, I'm sharing one last basic Fall look (with a deeper message) that I was able to pull off one last time the last day before it snowed.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .


I've always seemed to have this subconscious ability to buy separates that end up pairing really well with my preexisting wardrobe.  This look represents pieces from 5 years ago all the way up to the jeans I bought just weeks ago because frankly, my old ones didn't fit me after my short pregnancy. I don't always buy pieces that are classic, but I do buy pieces that are versatile so that I can wear them tons of different ways and easily welcome them into my wardrobe family.    

This thrifted shirt from years and years ago looks current alongside my newer jeans and booties I bought when I was still at my old job.  My cargo jacket I bought after my trip to Las Vegas and that beautiful MK watch on my wrist came into my life after my birthday celebration this year.  This is what fashion is all about, pairing the old with the new and seamlessly incorporating new purchases into your wardrobe so you can continue to express your personal style without breaking the bank. Of course your wardrobe has a shelf life, clothing gets damaged, borrowed and never returned, or worn to the point of no return.  All I know is we can't afford to buy a new wardrobe every year.  Choose wisely and don't be afraid to wear things you bought years ago, just because it's old doesn't mean it's out of style.  Every stranger who compliments you on your outfit is seeing your clothes for the first time, so that makes it new to someone.










Shop Smart. Look Chic. Stay Stylish
XoXO
-Viktoria