Trend Alert - Ponchos

Sometimes it's hard to roll out of bed in the morning and leave your warm cocoon of a comforter and pillows, to voluntarily step out into the unavoidable cooler air that fills your home during the winter.  You just want to take your warm blanket with you and keep it wrapped around your body all day.  Well, now you can....and I'm not talking about a snuggie.  Ponchos are enjoying their 15 minutes of fame right now and I am totally okay with that.  I mean, comfort plus style?! I'm not complaining.  Remember those "all the rage" kimono style shawls that we saw this spring and summer, well ponchos are like their winter cousin.   

This particular poncho I picked up from H&M after falling in love with the very on trend camel color. Unfortunately, this particular one sold out the day after I bought it, but that doesn't mean you won't be able to pick up all sorts of different ponchos in your favorite stores.   

The effortless beauty in styling these perfect winter pieces is as simple as throwing on your favorite skinny jeans and some cute booties with a long sleeve shirt, and let the poncho do the rest of the work work you.  






*VikTip: If your poncho is a solid color, layer is over a patterned, fitted long sleeve shirt for a small pop of print.*






This specific stye may be sold out but I also really like these diverse styles from Forever21. 
1 / 2 / 3 / 4 ] 

I would absolutely suggest picking one up if you have the time, and giving ponchos a chance, they're the comeback kid and boy do they deserve it.  I was hesitant at first, I'll be completely honest.  It's concerning to throw on a giant blanket and wonder if it's flattering or not, but you'd be surprised how far a little styling will get you and just how many people will notice your unique outfit.  

Shop Smart. Look Chic. Stay Stylish
XoXo
-Viktoria