Trend Alert: Kimonos

You know those days where you want to look put together but also feel like being comfortable?  Well, unfortunately for us women those things don't always go hand in hand....first world problems, I know.  Heels make your legs look great but you want to cut your feet off by the end of the day. Skinny jeans make your butt look great but you can't bend over without flashing some crack, and sexy body con dresses, don't even get me started. I mean, I don't know about you but I'd rather not be on an 'almond for breakfast and lemon water' diet just so I can wear one. So what's a girl to do for a little fashionable comfort? Wear sweatpants? Rock a distressed boyfriend jean? Dress UP a hoodie? We can't all pull those styles off, I know I can't. But you know what I do look good in and I bet you do to? The Kimono! It's one of those once in a decade pieces that comes along and looks great on every woman of any age, with any body type.  Now I know what you're thinking, a kimono? Well, it's not the actual tradition piece worn by geisha that we're talking about here, it's these simplistic yet beautiful, light outerwear "jackets" that have been booming lately and are absolutely perfect for spring.  Although some people have been getting offended by the name, I didn't come up with it....the fashion industry did.  

Today on the blog I'll be showing you ladies two ways to style this season's hottest piece.

Let's start with a basic fringe style.  A fool proof look that goes well with almost any of these kimonos is a cami and distressed skinny jeans with your favorite strappy sandals for spring. Since mine has floral elements in it, I opted for a bright red tank underneath for a pop of color.  My tank has a cute detail on the back which makes it that much more fun when the side of your kimono slips off your shoulder during the day.  I added simple coral earrings, and stacked some of my favorite enamel bracelets to complete my look.




Sandals: Jessica Simpson via DSW / Shorts: Old Navy / Tank (old): Forever21 / Fringe Kimono: Target


For a simpler look, throw your spring kimono over any of your solid color maxi dresses. You can pull pretty much any of the colors from your kimono to pair it with.  Since Birkenstocks are in right now I couldn't pass up the opportunity to wear mine yet again and I paired my look with my patent leather Birk knock offs from Payless. 


Earrings & Dress (old): Target / Kimono: Forever21 / Sandals: Payless

Stay Stylish
XoXo
-Viktoria

1 / 2 / 3 / 4