Dressing Yourself Expensive: Neutral and the Necklace

Ah, the simplicity of solid colors. You don't see this a lot on me because I L.O.V. E prints so so much, but I will break out of my leopard print shell every once and a while to put a look together that's comprised of all solid pieces, with no patterns to interrupt the monotony.  You would think that wearing all neutrals would be bland looking but I had the idea to glam up a "boring" look with tons of jewels, and after playing around for a bit this is what I came up with.  Around my neck, my already multi layered piece with an oversized chain to create the illusion of a huge collar style necklace then topped it all off with rhinestone snake earrings .  Since this now created a prominent silver element in my look, I could easily bring the metallic factor onto my feet as well so I opted for these silver pumps.  

.....................

So why am I sharing this simple outfit with you all? Because it looks expensive and pfshhh....it isn't.  Nothing on my body cost more than $30, not even the shoes.  Everything I'm wearing I've gotten at super low end stores that almost every woman can afford to shop at, even you college students like me. When you pair the simplest of pieces together you can "dress yourself fancy" very easily.   White is one of those colors that if you take good care of it and keep it clean can look expensive in and of itself.  By dressing your look up with some well fitting pants and nice heels, you can't go wrong and people will think you are some uptown New York fashionista, stopping through for a quick visit.  









Pumps: Target / Skinny Khakis: Forever21 / Peplum: JCPenney / Jacket: Forever21 / Long Necklace & Earrings: H&M / Short Chain Necklace: Express
I challenge you to layer up on neutrals tomorrow! Share your looks with the #ASFO and you could pop up in the next article! 
Stay Stylish
XoXo
-Viktoria