20 Things You Didn't Know About Me

1. I was born in Germany- Both my mom and dad were in the Army, that's where they met each other. Both my oldest sister and I were born in Germany, I was born in Wesibaden, and my middle sister my born in Texas. No, I am not a German citizen, and I do not speak a word of it.  I love the food though.

2. I'm a fine artist- In high school my artwork placed at national competitions,  I actually went to an Ohio art college right out of high school and absolutely hated every minute of it.  To this day this is my explanation: 'You have to be an artist with no other interests or talents to fit in in an art school. Me, I'm just a normal girl, who played sports, loves extra curriculars and happened to be good at drawing.  I missed football games, math class, and choir too much at that school, so I dropped out and transferred colleges. 

3. I was a Varsity athlete in high school- I've been running track and field since 6th grade, when I was "recruited" after our field day, after I ran a 100 meter dash.  I was a short distance sprinter, and anchored the 4x100 and 4x200 relay, also competed in 100m and 200m open, and it was my life. God I miss it. In my opinion though, if you play sports in college you are either looking to be a pro athlete or you want to be an Olympian, so I choose to not do in a college, a decision I regret to this day.

4. I almost ended up as a chef- I've had a passion for food since day 1, there isn't anything I won't try once. I LOVE to be in the kitchen, and cook meals for people. I'm pretty much a token housewife....too bad I will never be one! I like to work too much :)

5. I am a giant gushy hopeless romantic behind closed doors but in person, I'm a prude- No really, my personal life is my personal life so I won't go into explicit details, but I am an adult so things happen.  Let me just put it this way, I can hug and kiss my boyfriend all day and I can never say 'I love you' enough, but in person.... don't touch me. I'm not very fond of hugging at all, and I like my personal space bubble, if you're closer than a foot to me, I get physically uncomfortable.  I'm very friendly though :) And if you hug me I'll hug you back, but I will never initiate the hug!

6. I have traveled the world- Being military didn't hurt my cause, but my mom loves to travel and took me everywhere growing up, and since we could afford it, we did. I have been to Checkoslovakia and Austria as a kid, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Germany (duh), France, and.....does Canada count? Cuz I've been there too.

7. I get a rush from fighting a good cause- It's true, I love shopping and blogging about it, but I am in love with charity work too. I hate that I work so much now-a-day so I can stay afloat and pay bills because it leaves me with no room to do any volunteering, but I am very passionate about things that mean anything to me.  I did 4 summers of missionary work at an orphanage in Guatemala, and proudly marched for LGBT rights during a rally in D.C, as a straight ally, and plopped my butt on the lawn of the Capital.  It was one of the most exhilarating experience of my life.  In the future I would love to lend my time to special Olympics and find new organizations to volunteer with because I LOVE IT!

8. I've had HUGE feet since 5th grade- Yes, I have.  Even when I was a 00 pants, with my freakishly long spider legs, and lanky arms, I had my size 10 1/2 Big Foot feet. Thank the lord I grew into them. I don't look like a freak of nature now.

9. I spend more money on my boyfriend than I do myself, it's kind of a problem- I am addicted to showering people in presents when I can afford to, I just can't get enough.  So when I met my boyfriend, who isn't a cheater like SOME PEOPLE in my past, haha, I released the kracken! (in a good way) He is so spoiled, and he doesn't even ask for any of it. I love giving presents so much, I wish I had more money so I could buy people stuff. If I reach a certain level of success, I'm going to buy people's gas for a day, or pay for people's groceries, leave a big tip to a Pizza Delivery guy or something crazy and fun.

10. I have over 150+ pairs of shoes, but since they are so well hidden you can't tell- My closet is super anally organized so much that you can't tell how much crap I have.  You have to be creative when you're a college kid living in a one bedroom apartment. So yes, I have a ton of shoes, but you can't even tell.

11. I'm obsessed with kids but I really don't want any of my own ANYTIME soon- I absolutely adore children, and my career has been built up on working with kids, from being a babysitter, to a summer nanny, and most recently, a newborn baby photographer.  I can't get enough of it.  I just adore the cute little peanuts that came into my studio for 3 years, but do I want any? Nope.  My nephew is enough for me. I am just not free enough to handle that anytime soon, and I have such a business brain that I am focused on building an empire right now, not starting a family.  I'm sure I'll have them some day, but every poopy diaper I see getting changed, is another year I'm holding off :)

12. Apparently I can sing really well, but I'm no Beyonce- Then again, everyone who says I can sing is biased. 100 of the compliments I get are from my mother, and John, who obviously thinks everything I do is adorable. I would say I'm a decent singer, and there is not doubt that I love doing it, behind closed doors, but you will never get me to sing in front of you, my stage fright is just too much to handle.  

13.  I can cook entrees but I can't bake worth an ish. Seriously, you want Enchiladas, Chicken Parmesan, Shrimp Alfredo...I got you.  But if you want Chocolate Chip Cookies, I don't got you :P I can't bake at all, it's bizarre I know, but it's the truth.  I can manage to make cake, but that's about it.

14. I am practically a dude-  I was the biggest tomboy ever growing up.  I, embarrassingly enough, went through a phase as a kid fighting showers and brushing my teeth.  Now, I love girly things to an extent.  I love shopping and could talk about it for days, but if I come home with a shopping bag on my arm, and you turn on a Buckeyes game, I'll drop that bag in an instant and plop my butt in front of the t.v.  I only have 2 close female friends, other than all my readers :) I will always pick being in a room full of guys over a room full of girls.  

15. I hate make-up-  I will get made up to even out my skin and get rid of under eye circles for shooting purposes (for the blog), but any given day, even for work, I don't wear an ounce of it. Although it makes my look very sultry, and clearly more attractive, I hate it. To me it takes too much time and its WAY too expensive, even the drug store stuff. My face on a daily basis is washed, moisturized with chap stick and concealer under my eyes if I feel like it, so I don't look like a zombie for my customers.  I don't hate on women who wear it, I think it's personal choice, I'm just way too lazy to deal with it, and would rather buy a new blouse than MAC lipstick.  

16. In regards to #15, It was my life goal to meet a guy who liked me for me- And I did it :) I never wanted to be one of those girls who met a guy when she happened to be made up and looking sexy, or having a fantastic hairday, or set up on a blind date, or dressed up for a special occasion....you get my point.  It's easy to meet someone when you look hot for a night, or through a mutual friend but I didn't want that. SO I just let me do me, and stopped looking for a relationship, and of coure one fell right into my lap.  I caught a guy who fell for me, no secrets, lies.  I walked into work every day with no make-up on, wearing my all black uniform head to toe.  My hair was always a mess because that job was exhausting and I often had no energy to do anything, or hold a stimulating conversation.  So when John kept coming to the back of the portrait studio every day to talk to me, I knew something was up. We've known each other for 2 years now, been dating for a year and a half, and still going strong.  I did it, and you can too.

17.  I'm not a fashion blogger?  If I have to go to the store, or pick up something, I'll look presentable, don't get me wrong.  But if it's my day OFF (about once a month) you will be extraordinarily lucky to catch me out of my pajamas.  I do not give.....any shits. I'm serious, I will be rocking the day old bun, my boyfriends sweat pants, and a XXL t-shirt.  And bras? Forget about it! heehee

18.  If you mess with the gays you mess with me- You want to start a fist fight with me, there is only one way on this planet to do so, and that is to mess with LGBT youth, or even adults. It needs to stop now, the intolerance, and the hatred for no reason whatsoever.  I get mild discrimination from time to time, especially because I'm in a bi-racial relationship because people are stupid and can't handle it.  I mean, clearly my white boyfriend dating me effects their lives, but I can't even begin to understand the hurt those LGBT men and women go through, and I just can't and won't deal with sitting back and not doing anything if I see someone getting ragged on.

19. I have a gigantic woman crush on Michelle Obama and Ellen DeGeneres.  End of story.

20. I can't stand peanut butter, chocolate, and cheese- and every time I tell someone that they freak out.  I have my exceptions for cheese and chocolate....but I hate peanut everything to my core. And I will puke and get giant headaches if I eat it, and no....I'm not allergic. 

I know my friends probably know half of these already, and my family knows them all...but my readers don't.  I thought it might be a fun article to share! I hope you enjoyed it.