'Pin-spired' OOTD: Flowers, Skulls and Tuxedos?

Iced coffee with caramel, Robin Thicke coming over the speakers, and Mr. P sitting next to me sleeping, I peruse Pinterest until I stumbled across this image right here.


I absolutely adore when I find outfits I love that inspire me to recreate a look, but when I find something specific like this and I don’t own it, I make it my mission to find it.....on a budget.   Well, it didn’t take long because I know my way around a website or two and I work in a mall, so I found my skull tee fast.  When it comes to styling something like this shirt, I like to play with opposites.  Even though the shirt already "softens" the harshness of a skull by making it out crocheted lace, I wanted to take it one step further and instead of pairing with with something obvious like black, or even studs, I paired it with a light colored pant, a tuxedo blazer and a pair of floral pumps that have the most gorgeous metallic heels.


The necklace I have on is sold at my work, and is an exact replica of an old J.Crew necklace, but we sold ours for less than half the price. 

I sometimes get weird looks when I am covered up in the middle of summer, but with the right materials on the right day, you really don’t get too overheated.   The tuxedo blazer I have on is a very thin fabric, so it allows you to breathe.  The pants are also a very thin fabric but to add to the summer vibe, I loosely rolled up the bottoms.  An outfit like this is the perfect summer solution for women who may not feel comfortable showing a lot of skin, for whatever reason.


These ankle strap heels were featured in my Shoe Must Haves article.  If ever you need a fool proof summer color though, go with mint.


 To finish off my look, I added a turquoise ring and this gorgeous cuff from Forever21, that was a total bargain, at $6.80. 

**If you like my tank, you can buy the exact same one here, so we can be fashion twins.

Other cute lace skull shirt options are available here, here, and here.**

I hope you all enjoyed this outfit.  Sometimes you just need a little Pin-spiration to brighten your day and create the perfect look.  Thank you so much for stopping by today, and remember, stay stylish.  Xoxo
-Viktoria