ASFO Spotlight: Young Mommies PART TWO!!!!

Lisa, 23
My name is Lisa. I am 23 years old. I have gone to college for a few years, and have been a Deli Manager for three years. I am married for a little over 2 years now to my wonderful husband. Before having my son, wearing what I wanted and getting dressed up and accessorizing was not something I had to think through. Having a child was somewhere in the future and we decided when we got pregnant was when it was supposed to happen for us but not knowing what we would be in for. Since I have had my son I have become a stay at home mom.

So tell everyone a little bit about your son . I understand he went through a few struggles in the hospital?
My son's name is Bryson. He is 4 ½ months old. He was born 3 months early and was in the NICU for 2 ½ months and has been home for two months. When in the hospital he had a respiratory illness, 9 blood transfusions, and an intolerance to a formula additive, and on oxygen the entire time. When in the hospital, my every day clothing turned into the same look every day and really got into a rut. Since it was the summer time, my every day outfit turned out to be a t-shirt and a pair of gym shorts with a pair of flip-flops on my feet. We had to take into consideration though we couldn't wear “rough” materials or things that could scratch him. While his layers of skin was developing soft materials were necessary. He is completely healthy vibrant little boy now with so far as we can tell no immediate issues. He is currently working on grabbing things, tracking things, and working on holding his head up by himself without any instability. With all the doctor appointments that I have for him because of being premature can get a little hectic with keeping track of them all and going from one place to the next and time to get ready. 
What is your go-to outfit for a busy day with Bryson?My go-to outfit for a busy day is usually comfortable and flexible and usually has a “pop” of color to it. Usually its my favorite pair of jeans, (for those nursing moms like myself) a nursing cami under any shirt, and usually a bright colored shirt and a ¾ length cardigan.

Any quick tips for new moms to stay stylish?
My quick tips to new moms. Use color. Also if new moms are nursing, nursing camis are amazing, they look like any other one but just are more functional to use. I find that headbands are helpful from having your hair done to being able to throw it up in a cute up-do or a messy bun and gives it a little more put-together look. And the biggest thing I would stress the most, DON'T wear white! Between spit-ups, food, pee, and poo, it shows the most! Stick with a design so its not so noticeable until you get to know your baby very well. Wearing a shirt that shows some of your neck line works great but if you wear low cut shirts your child will eventually end up pulling your shirt down and showing the world what you might not want them to :)!


Are there any clothing choices/accessory choices that you've started avoiding with Bryson?

Things that I tend to avoid with accessories are hanging earrings (it hurts when they are pulled on!), I find studs are much more functional, necklaces I stopped wearing all together because they can be pulled on at any length. Fabric wise I like anything that I can get washed out, if it is a top that will stain and not get clean I def avoid. Colors just don't wear white and you should be pretty set. The one other thing I am conscious about is my rings. I wear only my wedding band because anything that stands up if I have to get him out of his car seat I don't want to risk scratching him with it.

 So tell us a little bit about your outfit choice:
My every day on the go wear is jeans and ¾ length sweater with a design T all from maurices. And most of all is I love my flip-flops!! 



.......NOW LET'S SEE HOW A DIFFERENT MOMMY DOES FASHION AND STYLE!  LET'S MEET BRIANNA, WHOSE HUSBAND IS CURRENTLY SERVING IN THE MILITARY :) A SPECIAL THANKS TO HIM AND EVERYONE WHO SERVES OUR COUNTRY.

Brianna, 22
My name is Brianna and I'm 22 years old. I'm a recent graduate from Hanover College. I married my best friend a year and a half ago and have since moved from Ohio to Florida, back to Ohio before landing in California thanks to my husbands' service in the United States Marine Corps. In addition to being a new mama, I am involved in a couple military wives groups. I'm also a bit of an exercise buff (especially post-baby) so I try to get to as many yoga and Pilates classes that I can and take my little one and my two dogs on walks down to the beach every morning. 


So tell us a little bit about your baby boy.
My son William is 10 weeks old. The last couple of weeks have been huge as far as development. He has started smiling and has mastered rolling over from his front to back. It's funny how the littlest things, like turning his head to follow me, are such a big deal! He's starting to develop a tiny man personality and I'm finally comfortable taking him out of the house to run errands with me. I just pop him in my ergobaby carrier and go!

 
 

What is your go-to outfit for a busy day with William?
Colored pants are my go-to. Jeans, cords, anything is a tiny step up from plain old denim. Living in Southern California, I'm blessed with perfect weather everyday. I don't have to worry about being too hot or too cold and never have to deal with rain or humidity. Colored pants, boots or loafers, and a plain top is usually my go-to outfit.
 

Any quick tips for new moms to stay stylish?
Do not cut all your hair off right after having a baby! Throwing it up in a braid or messy bun is so much easier than having to deal with styling short hair everyday (honestly, I'm lucky if I get to wash mine once a week).
Always wear earrings; tiny diamond studs, big cupcake shaped ones, anything. Even if I'm in jeans and a t-shirt, earrings add just a tiny bit of pulled-togetherness to any outfit.
Sweats are cheating. I don't leave the house in sweatpants unless I'm going to my Yoga Pants Book Club (yes, we meet monthly and we all wear yoga pants). Jeans are just as comfortable (bonus points if they're colored!) and a million times more stylish than sweats.

 

Are there any clothing choices/accessory choices that you've started avoiding William now?
Since I'm nursing, dresses are pretty much out unless they're shirt dresses that button up. I'm very conscientious of the shirts that I wear; I always make sure I can easily feed William without too much trouble.
 

So tell us a little bit about your outfit choice:
On a surprisingly chilly day at the beach, I choose a J. Crew jean jacket with a scarf from Target and the pièce de résistance: my new LOFT polka dot pants. I also have my husbands' watch (Guess) and cupcake earrings (Target). I like to pair higher-end things like the pants and jacket with inexpensive accessories and basics like a $3 t-shirt from Forever21.


NOW LET'S MEET MARIA, we grew up together she used to come over to my house everyday after school.......

Maria, 21
Hello! My name is Maria and I am 21 years old. I am the mother of the most amazing two year old boy in the world. I spend my day playing with him, doing crafts, painting, sewing, and cooking/baking. I also take him to school three days a week for a couple hours at a time and that’s when I get my alone time to shop or go to a coffee shop and read a book. I am a stay at home mom and it is truly the best job in the world!


So tell us a little bit about your son.
My son’s name is Jackson and he is truly incredible. He is extremely sweet and mellow and very easy going. He keeps me laughing all day long and I am always amazed at how smart he is. He is a stuffed animal hoarder and his favorite color is orange. He already has his letters down, now we need to tackle potty training!


What is your go-to outfit for a day with Jackson? :)
I am actually about ten weeks pregnant right now so my go-to outfit is currently evolving. I usually throw on some jeans with a cute shirt and flats but I no longer fit into my jeans! So my go-to outfit has changed to leggings and tunics or shirt dresses. I also currently live in Florida so anything I wear definitely has to be light and comfortable!




Any quick tips for new moms to stay stylish?
My tip for new moms to stay stylish is to relax and enjoy your life. The most stylish thing you can wear is a genuine smile.


Are there any clothing choices/accessory choices that you've started avoiding Jackson now?
I definitely avoid low cut shirts, shirts that may ride up, and pants with a lower rise. These three things are very important to remember because of all the running around, bending, and picking up your child you will be doing. You don’t want anything unnecessary to show and you don’t want to constantly adjust yourself. I also stopped wearing dangly earrings because Jackson loved to pull on them. So I pretty much stick to studs now.




So tell us a little bit about your outfit choice:
In my picture I am wearing capris jeggings, and a light cotton shirtdress. I almost always carry a large bag because I don’t like to carry a diaper bag so this way I can just throw in some diapers and wipes and call it a day. I almost always wear a headband because I don’t style my hair on a daily basis. I am also wearing my favorite accessory which is a watch my husband gave me when my birthday fell on Mother’s Day. I love it and it holds such a special meaning to me!

Congratulations on your new baby Maria, I hope he/she is born happy and healthy!!!! 

And Thank You to all of the mommies who shared their story and style tips.... Kiley, Molly, Brianna, Lisa, and Maria.  

If YOU are interested in sharing your style story, email me at allsizefitsone@yahoo.com and you might be featured in next month's ASFO Spotlight! :)

Stay stylish! xoxo -Viktoria