OOTD: Red Leopard Leather & $5 Boots

BEFORE YOU SCROLL DOWN TO THE PICTURES, MAKE SURE YOU ACTUALLY READ THIS ONE! 

  Well, this was a fun outfit.  I took my inspiration for the Kardashians.  Love them or hate them, those women have a great sense of style, and however Kim got her claim to fame, you've got to give her props for always being covered up very well and staying stylish.....with the exception of leggy looks or cleavage, but she's.....well......curvy.  So there's not much you can do to cover it ALL up 24/7.  This look is just an outfit really, no special occasion to wear it or anything but jeez, are there tons of hidden stories behind the thing's that I am wearing, proof that fashion and style can be FUN!


LET'S START OUT WITH THE TIPPY TOP!  Notice my hair is a little more voluminous and poofy than normal.  That's becuase my half black/half Puerto Rican hair is back to basics.  I haven't gotten it relaxed or blown out in years, letting it's natural self grow out.  The reason I point this out, I am an advocate for natural beauty, whether it is little to no make-up, size 2 to size 20 or hair.  Women, and men too, don't be afraid to rock what you got, we are all born different, even identical twins aren't technically identical.  So why do so many of us all try to achieve what's normal.  We aren't all skinny little blonde women, with blue eyes and perfectly straight hair, or 6'5" men with abs for days and perfect skin.  Rock what you got.  You were born that way, confidence is the sexiest thing you can get for free people. 



 NOW TO THE ACCESSORIES:  Notice how my watch looks kinda butch?  That's becuase it's men's.  This watch is actually my boyfriend's so for all the women reading, don't be afraid to venture into the men's section.  It's where I find quite a lot of my graphic tee's, watches, button down's, and blazers too!  On a side note, the trick to mixing metals (for anyone wondering), is tie-ing the jewelry together somehow.  I actually started my arm candy stack with John's watch, which being gunmetal and red, matches my outfit perfectly.  Because it's red in the watch face, it allowed me to transition to the Ram cuff from J. Crew seamlessly.  Then,  because the ram has gold in it, I could easily add my gold pave crystal bracelet.  And to finish it all off, a tiny inexpensive leather bracelet form a street vendor in Guatemala.  I got it on a mission trip with my church that I had 5 summers in a row.  It's just a nice little reminder to be grateful for anything that I have and everyone in my life.





 HOW ABOUT THOSE SHOES!?!?  These boots are Jessica Simpson....oh, and they were $5.  I got them at DSW.  They retail for $160 but they were selling at DSW for $99.94 for some reason, but in the middle of summer they were put in the clearance rack in the back of the store, which is always what I head stright for every time I walk in the front door.  Anyways, they were blue sticker-ed which means an additional 70% off the already reduced price, you do the math.  THEN, I used my DSW rewards points to take some more off the total.  I had $20 from them, which you get after you accumulate 1,000 points from purchases and a $5 birthday card.  bringing my total to $5.32 :)   The reason I share this with you is not to brag, but to show you all, shopping the clearance racks is nothing to be ashamed of.  My mother grew up taking us to thrift stores to get our clothes, which I used to be embarrased by.  She just valued money differently than the other parent's, who bought their children's clothes at stores like Abercrombie, Hollister, and J.Crew.  Now, I have a successful fashion blog and a walk-in closet full of the cutest clothes ever, consisting of items that are thrifted, clearanced, on sale, bought with gift cards, or from T.J Maxx and Marshalls.  I probably only paid full price, without using a coupon, email promo or special for about 10% of my wardrobe, and don't I look cute? :D







Moral of the story:                                   Soundtrack to this post:
1.) Rock what yo DNA gave ya! hahaha                                    "Born This Way" Lady Gaga
2.)  Shop the men's section.                                                        "If I were a Boy" Beyonce
3.)  Clearance racks rock!                                                           "Fighter" Christina Aguilera

Earrings: Forever 21
Blouse: Forever 21
Blazer: Forever 21
Leggings: Target
Boots: DSW
Watch: John's :)
Bracelet: J.Crew
Ram Cuff: J.Crew
Leather bracelet: Guatemala Street Vendor
Ring:  Hand-Me-Down

Follow me on Instagram @vikkyj