Rock The Runway: Adapting High Fashion to Street Fashion

So I thought this would be a fun little post to do.  As all of you know, my blog's sole purpose is to show everyone how to achieve a high class life on a middle class budget, and seeing as it is primarily a fashion blog, and it's also the beginning of Fall, I thought this might be a fun post to do.  I took some of my favorite outfits from the Fall Runways this year, each look from a different designer, and adapted them to street fashion.  They are all very different and can each be worn by a different type of woman. 

L'Wren Scott Runway Fall 2012
So for this look I decided to copy the colors used in the runway look as inspiration for the street fashion look.  Instead of red ankle booties I opted for patent leather red pumps.  For the blouse, I decided on an abstract yellow print, and paired it with a yellow scarf that was a shade brighter than that of the shirt.  Since I am still young enough, I switched up the length of the skirt and brought it well above the knee.  For accessories I left my fingers, wrists, and neck bare because the scarf plays a key role in this look (as the accessory).  You want to stay away from additional accessories, if you do want to wear anything.....go for a cuff (as seen on the runway model).



 Skirt: Forever 21
Top: JCPenney
Scarf: Target
Pumps:  Ed Hardy



Christian Siriano Runway Fall 2012 
So for this look, I decided to keep the leather jacket as literal as possible,  but instead of a maxi length tool skirt, I opted for a knee length lace skirt with an under layer of tool for the same volume effect.  Since the top in the runway look appears to be glitter, or some sort of sequin, I decided on a B&W gingham print button down instead.  Sequins and glitter are often associated with New Years, so to better appropriate the outfit to the season, I chose the gingham print.  Since I have no idea what the shoes were on the runway model, I picked light grey ankle booties, with an ankle peep in the back. 



 Shoes: Forever 21
Skirt: Forever 21
Jacket: JCPenney (OLD)
Blouse: Thrifted





Marc by Marc Jacobs Runway Fall 2012
So for this look, I decided on layering two button down shirts on top of each other, instead of a jacket (as seen on the runway model), to make the look more street fashion appropriate.   Instead of a red/cognac belt, I went with a woven brown belt.  For pants, I went basic, with a tight black legging, and pulled my gray socks over the pant leg and wore a flat, black combat boot.



 
Boots: Endless.com
Socks:  Abercrombie & Fitch
Leggings: Target
 Both Button Downs: Thrifted
Belt: Forever 21

I hope you all enjoyed this post!!!!  If you see a runway look you like or that inspired you, try modernizing it and bringing it down the level of street fashion.  I had fun putting these three looks together.  Make sure to follow me:
 
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM @vikkyj

Follow Me on Pinterest