Getting dressed in the morning. and maximizing your Wardrobe.

           Ladies, and some gentlemen too, take it from me when I say having options is sometimes the worst thing in the world.   Hopefully this blog post will offer you a little insight to condensing your wardrobe as well as tricks I have to looking fly in a time crunch. 
        Sometimes,  you can be intimidated by your wardrobe in the morning if you have too much to choose from, and really the best thing to do is to just throw on a pair of jeans, a t-shirt, grab flip flops and leave.   Don’t end up being one of those people; you can still stay fashionable while on a busy schedule  Take it from me- being a full time student and working full time can sometimes be exhausting and at the end of the day I just pass out.  There are nights when I’m just running on cups of coffee while I’m finishing my homework assignments, leaving me no time whatsoever for caring about fashion.  There is always that trick people told me growing up in order to save time in the morning and have a fashionable outfit ready, and that is “Plan your outfit the night before,” but if you’re anything like me you just can’t do that.  Why?  I used to put my outfits together the night before but by the time I woke up, with my fashion mood swings being worse than a pregnant woman’s, I looked at the outfit I had laid out the night before and just didn’t feel like wearing it.   Many times the amount and quality of sleep I get determines how I feel the next day, which changes what I want to wear.  Usually if I’m feeling lethargic, I’ll opt of jeans.  During that time of the month... definitely dresses. Nine times out of 10 I’m bloated and really don't feel like having a waistband from pants bother me all day.   When I’m in a really good mood after a great night’s sleep, I’m ready for a full-fledged, magazine cover worthy outfit.   A better option, rather than having your outfit ready the night before is to just have a closet full of things you like, eliminating completely the need to be one of those people who tries on 5 outfits before you settle on one to leave the house in.
            Being in college and having a limited amount of money has also taught me I can’t have everything I want. I mean, sometimes I was working pay check to paycheck just to pay bills. The best closet to have is a very dense version of the things that you love.  DON'T LET YOUR WARDROBE GET OUT OF HAND LADIES!  Once a year, I’ll have a closet cleaning.  Where I get rid of things I have lost interest in, clothes that don’t fit me anymore, or articles that I loved too much and wore them down.   Make sure though that you’re not getting rid of things that might have a rip, hole, or stain in them that can be easily fixed, if the article of clothing is worth it to you, and you can’t fix it yourself, take it to a tailor.  Once you have gone through everything, and have just dense version of everything you absolutely adore and can’t part with, getting ready in the morning will be a breeze.  Here are the rules I use the get rid of things.  


This is the closet/office/work space of the well known blogger DulceCandy.  I do not own the image.


                                                                    GET RID OF IT IF*:
    1.)  You can’t fit it anymore, this may be due to shrinkage during washes or you gaining or loosing weight.  Whatever the reason, if it doesn’t fit, it has to go.  The easiest way to make yourself look sloppy is having clothes that don’t fit, so eliminate the option altogether.   
    2.)  It is damaged BEYOND REPAIR! As previously stated, if its fixable, and you still like it, no need to get rid of it, but we’re taking about the things in this rule that have seen their final days, and that need to take a visit to the good old trash can, items that aren’t even thrift shop donation worthy.
    3.)  You just fell out of love with it.  If you just don’t wear something anymore, it's got to go. Don’t torment the poor shirt by leaving it in your closet only for it to be bypassed every morning while you’re getting dressed. Someone somewhere can give it a good home, make sure to donate it with the rest of your clothes.   If you don’t love it anymore, set it free. 


                                                                           KEEP IT IF**:
    1.)  You love it and can’t live without it.  The clothes that, if they were a good boyfriend or girlfriend.....you’d cry if they moved away.  Plain and simple.  End of story.
    2.)  It's VERSATILE!!!!!!  If You have a piece that works with 50 different outfits and can be worn in different styles or trends.  DO NOT GET RID OF IT!  Those pieces are worthwhile.  Rarely will I own pieces that I can only wear one way, or with one specific outfit. 
    3.)  It’s quality.  How can you tell if its quality? It's plain and simple, did you pay a $h!t-ton for it? Then it's probably quality, you pay for nice fabrics, and name brands.  Which mean they will last for a long time. 



*ProTip (With the clothes you are now getting rid of):  If you merely don’t love something anymore but it's in great condition and quality, sell it on Ebay.  Or on Craigslist, Cash Only! Usually, I’ll make a little cash first by selling pieces that I’m already getting rid of to stores like Plato’s Closet that will give you money and whatever is left gets donated. Make yourself a few extra bucks to use towards something you love better, or this is a great time of the year to make a donation to a local charity.  Make sure you donate the rest of your clothes to a thrift shop or salvation army.  There are people who would really appreciate them.  

****The “Keep It If” Rule for your clothes, are also the rules i apply while clothes and shoes shopping, by applying these rules plus the one more below you can make sure you don’t go shopping crazy and have clothes covering your home.  Generally, if you have more than 5 things in your wardrobe that still have tags on them because they haven’t been worn yet that means you are shopping  and buying things faster than you can wear them and that’s never a good thing.  Take it from me because I’ve been there, done that.  While shopping, and  buying new things stop throwing your money away, apply the rules above and the extra rule below to assure you have only the most lovable items for your personal wardrobe and can make getting ready in the morning faster.

                                                 THE EXTRA RULE TO SHOPPING:

The Rule of 3:  If you can force yourself to find three things you don’t like about something, it's not worth making a part of your wardrobe.   A lot of the reason I had an overflowi