BLOGust 2014: Day 1 - Wear a Bright Neon!


        Today is all about being bold, we're starting the month off with a bang and pushing a lot of you out of your comfort zone by challenging you to wear a bright neon color in your look today, no cheating either! Make sure your neon covers a good chunk of your body for a guaranteed look-at-me style.  Be it a dress like mine, a bright shirt or even some fun skinnies, today you will be noticed because of your amazing outfit.

     Now there are a couple things to think about when styling a bold color, to avoid looking like a circus act. First off, you're going to want to not layer on too many neons on top of each other, so try sticking with the same colors (like my look below) and wear monochromatic accessories. Too many neon colors on top of one another will leave you looking completely 80s in all the wrong ways.  Secondly, remember that colors in and of themselves can be "statement" so limit other statement outfit pieces to a minimum.  Keep jewelry fairly demure and patterns on the down low so that your neon can have the spotlight. So now that we know what to do.....go ahead, get dressed!





Dress: Target / Sandals: Steve Madden / Jacket: Wilson's Leather / Necklace: Ebay / Earrings: JCPenney
For my look, I wanted to combine edge with femininity with this classic combo, a leather jacket and maxi dress.  I like the harsh contrast of a solid black against a bright color so this outfit brightened my whole mood for the day.  A look like this is perfect for transitioning your summer wardrobe into Fall and depending on where you live, the cooler temperatures start to set in right around the beginning of August.  To complete my edgy look, I paired my moto jacket with my studded Steve Madden sandals. 

Stay Stylish
XoXO
-Viktoria