BLOGust 2014: Day 3 - Style an Athletic Inspired Piece of Clothing

In Case You Missed Yesterday's Article: Tropical Prints

We're just going to go ahead and get this one over with for all of you girly girls who just cringed when you read today's outfit challenge.  We're styling Athletic inspired pieces today, the shirts with dual striped around the sleeves, the sweaters with numbers stitched onto the back, the jersey tops...whatever they may be.  What's great about this challenge though is you really can take it one of so many ways.  Your whole outfit can be athletic head to toe, you can pair your pieces with heels and a skirt, or you can go full tomboy with some jeans and sneakers.  No matter what you do, just make sure you have fun! If you don't own something as stylized as my top, then dress up your boyfriends sports tee, or put on a cute screen tee with jogging shorts...if you can dream it you can wear it.

When styling "athleticwear" the sky is the limit.  The way the trend came into the mainstream fashion world this year, it was almost as if every piece you saw on the shelves could be dressed up or down, styled girly or masculine.  You really can take it any route you want, and style the pieces appropriately to fit whatever speaks to your personal fashion sense.  So today, take a piece of athletic wear and have fun with it! Sky is the limit!

Let's get to it!






Sandals: Sam&Libby for Target / Pants: JCPenney / Blouse: H&M / Necklace: Prabal Gurung for Target / Sunnies: Aria
For my look I wanted to really play UP the comfy factor of my football jersey inspired blouse.  I decided to go all black and white, head to toe, and add metallic pops in my jewelry and shoes.  Although I usually split my outfit half flowy, half form fitting, every once and a while comfortably wins and my whole look is easy and breezy.  With a  quick sloppy shirt tuck and my crystal necklace, my whole outfit got pulled together and I was ready to hit the city.  

Stay Stylish
XoXO
-Viktoria