BLOGust 2014: Day 24 - Master this Blogger Favorite....the Scarf Headband.

I like to think I have 2 minds, one belongs to me and the other belongs to my hair, which has a mind of it's own.  It's taken me 23 years to get a really good grasp on it, and after dozens of experimental products, conditioners and relaxers I've decided to, in the words of Frozen, ....let it go. Yeah, I went there.  So what's a curly haired fashionista to do when her hair just can't stop and won't stop? Accessorize of course.  My go-to hairstyle is always a messy bun, just letting the curls fall wherever they want to, but in recent years I've loved adding a little bit of extra flair in the form of a bandana or scarf that I tie into a headband, which you can learn how to do by clicking here

As a budget blogger, I'm always looking for the most wallet friendly ways to stay fashion foward and boy do I have a fun one for you all today, and there's I real cool way I stumbled upon it too.  For those of you who don't know already, I work in an upscale baby boutique nestled inside my local mall.  I can see a Crocs store across from me, there's a Macy's down the hall, and every day I get the amazing aroma of all of the Lush products that come in through the vents and keep our store smelling fresh. 

As a woman who has never spent a large amount of time or money on cosmetics, I've never really popped into Lush, until one day a couple weeks ago when I couldn't take it any longer and I just had to see what these little colorful pieces of fabric were, that I saw hanging from the wall that my store shares with their store. When I walked in I was immediately greeted by a friendly woman who patiently explained to me what the "pieces of cloth" were.  It turns out they are actually Knot Wraps that they use for wrapping their product, quickly transforming them from fresh cosmetics into works of art.  You may buy the wraps by themselves, which I chose to do, and use them in a variety of ways.  The best part of these beautiful little wraps is that they are made of 100% recycled plastic AND mostly all of them are under $8.  So umm, environmentally friendly, CHECK....and budget friendly too, CHECK! You really can't go wrong.  As a supporter of all things animal, Earth, and budget friendly, I am happy to bring an article to you today that epitomizes all 3 things by honoring a new found favorite store with today's outfit challenge!  Today, I want you ladies to grab your favorite scarf and incorporate it into whatever outfit you throw on, and if you don't already own one...you know where to find them now ;)





Shoes: Rampage / Overalls: H&M / Crop Top: H&M / Blazer: Target / Scarf Headband: Lush

For my look, I wanted to play on the alternative power that Lush empowers their employees with. Where other companies restrian you with dress codes, Lush embraces women of all shapes and sizes with everything from fun piercings to amazing tattoos.  Many of the woman at my local store are rocking the hell of some serious body art from their heads to their toes and their confidence has inspired to step slightly out of my comfort zone today with my look.  Overalls are anything but mainstream so you really have to step out of the house with some serious confidence.  I paired mine with a striped crop top and my comfy faux leather slip on sneakers.  My cropped blazer adds the perfect amount of balance between to casual element of the overalls and the sneakers.  The frosting to this fun look is the Euphoria knot wrap, and although it's sold out online it may be available at your local store. 
Stay Stylish
XoXo
-Viktoria