BLOGust 2014: Day 11 - Wear that Hat You Never Wore Last Year


NOW THIS ONE.....this one I'm excited about because I am genuinely guilty of buying hats that I never wear. I mean, you've seen my hair. It ain't easy.  Yet I'm constantly buying them with the intention of wearing them later, or saving them for that day that I have my hair flat ironed, then it sits in my closet and collects dust until I donate it to the thrift shop.  So today's fashion challenge is geared towards all of closet hoarders who collect unworn hats.....today, wear that hat you never wore last year.

When it comes to styling today's look, you really have to read into the style of the hat. Although mixing styles is my thing, I feel like hats (with the exception of baseball caps) should be styled similarly with the rest of your look. A wide brim sun hat goes with a sun dress, a huge floppy hat with a nice dress, a fedora with a bohemian inspired look and so on.  Let your hat set the tone for your whole outfit and show it all the love you never gave it last year.







Dress: Francescas / Sandals: Prabal Gurung for Target / Earrings: Homemade / Hat: Target (2 season's ago.....don't judge me)

Stay Stylish
XoXO
-Viktoria