A.W.I.D Striped Maxi

If there is one thing that Forever21 does FANTASTICALLY it's basics.  In my opinion, you should never spend more than a couple dozen bucks on basics.  Whether it's your basic v-necks, camis for under your sheer blouses, or comfy maxi dresses, you should't have to spend $100!  I always see celebrities wearing a basic white t-shirt and they paid $785 for it, but I can't tell the difference between the one they're wearing and my Merona brand one I got for $7.  When it comes to solid maxi dresses, I always go to Forever21.  They are always around the $12 range and go with everything.  A basic maxi dress is just as versatile if not more versatile than something like a white tee.  While on the hunt for a basic black maxi, I found this striped one for just $11.80.  


When I took it home I played around with how to style it until I gave up and left it sitting on my office chair. The next day, after wearing my red sandals with a different outfit I threw them into my office, and they landed near my new dress....instantly, I knew how to style this look.  

I recently found this super inexpensive "stone" necklace on Ebay, and it ended up matching my sandals perfectly.  To keep the outfit from being too predictable (black and white with a pop of red) I added turquoise elements too with my ring, bracelet, and an extra necklace.  To tie everything together, I wore my Ram cuff from J.Crew that I got a while back.


**VikTip  If ever your maxi dress is too long, tie a knot at the bottom for an effortlessly chic "faux drape". It also helps show off your shoes, and if you're wearing sandals with a long dress, gives them room to shine! **    

Sometimes a super cute, end of summer look is as easy as a pairing your favorite maxi with some fun stone jewelry! I hope you all enjoyed this outfit, check back tomorrow to see which dress I choose!

Stay stylish
xoxo
-Viktoria