Old Trends Die Hard....Bringing Tropical Back!

While in an interview recently for a fashion related job I was asked the "What is one trend from this past Spring or Summer that you don't think got enough attention?" after a couple seconds of thought I replied confidently...."Tropical pieces." 

The tropical trend was sold in every single store I passed, from more Hawaiian based prints to your generic tropical florals.  HOWEVER, not a lot of people were bold enough to try it out because it may look like you're one step away from adding a fanny pack to your outfit, if you get my drift.  I was not one of those people, I loved the print so much I stocked up on it and wore it to death all summer long. Now, as most places are transitioning into fall, women nationwide are packing away their tropical prints and unpacking their knee high boots.  Meanwhile in Phoenix....while Viktoria is dying of heat stroke, I decided to bring tropical print back to life and wear it this week......twice!

On Sunday, I wore this outfit to lunch.  Certain greens and peaches look fantastic together so I paired my gorgeous green tank top with this peachy, coraly pencil skirt that I previously wore with bright cobalt blue in an article here, where I styled a tank for Old Navy.  Everything else you have seen elsewhere too.  My sling back heels are fairly new to my wardrobe, I got them at Payless, they are part of Christian Siriano's colab with the store. I have gotten a few of his pairs now and all of them are absolutely fantastic for the price, and hold up really well.  These heels have only ever been seen with shorts before, in an article here.  My belt I wear all the time, it was one of those adorable finds that you think you can't possibly afford and when you look at the price tag you're on cloud nine after you find out it's TOTALLY in your budget.  H&M does that to me a lot, it's where I got this belt for just $7.95! And with H&M FINALLY having online ordering, you can buy the same belt by clicking here. 





**VikTip: If you're reading this from anywhere that IS getting cooler for Fall, just add a staple Cognac Leather jacket to this look for the perfect FALL look!**

This second look, I am wearing right now as I type this article. I wore it out today to run errands and follow up on a potential job.  I got this blazer at Forever21 when all their clearance was an additional half off.  This look any woman can re-create as long as you have a LBD and a tropical blazer.  The only other thing I did to complement the look was pair it with my Prabal Gurung heels, that I also got use out of with my H&M scarf in the article here, and added my much seen neon necklace from H&M! 





See ladies, old trends can be re-purposed even after they've been forgotten. I hope this article inspires you to still wear your favorite spring/summer trends into the fall and I challenge you to wear them in the winter too! Thanks for stopping by today, stay stylish!

xoxo
-Viktoria