Ellen Inspired Breast Cancer Awareness Look

        For those of you who don't know... I'm addicted to Ellen.  If there is one woman who I have to meet before I die, it's either her or Michelle Obama.  I've never been to a show but I watch all of them and one day I'm sure I'll get a chance to go when I have enough money. Anyways, there is a reason I'm talking about Ellen, and interrupting Outfit October, and that's because it's Breast Cancer Awareness Month.  Last year I took three looks that were all black and white with a pop of pink, this year I just put together one look for you all, that I'm wearing to show my support for Breast Cancer Awareness in October.  On Tuesday's show Ellen gave us all a little history lesson.....and I quote

            ..."During WWII women started working male dominated jobs to help with the war effort and these women became known as Rosies, named after Rosie the Riveter".... 

and introduced us to the world oldest working Rosie, 93 year old Elinor Otto.  I loved her interview and finished the episode then went out shopping for pink gear for this year's article and to my surprise found this amazing blouse! Remembering Ellen's episode, I decided to get this shirt (instead of something pink) for this year's article, and style my look around this shirt.

Many people often forget that this blog is so much more than just cute outfits, it's about empowerment through fashion.  You don't need to break the bank to look your best, there are bargains everywhere you go and you can look and feel fantastic with just a couple bucks.  Women everywhere now DO dominate in the workplace and hold some of the most well respected jobs, and positions, in the world.  This shirt is a great representation and reminder of that, and it falls right into the budgets of us bargainistas!  In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month I styled my new shirt with a pink blazer.






Shirt: Old Navy / Pants: JCPenney / Heels: Payless / Blazer: J.Crew / Necklace: Ebay / Earrings: Aria

Now ladies, I highly suggest buying this shirt and remembering all the Rosies, look at what us women are capable of! Don't let Breast Cancer sneak up on you, make sure you are keeping up with your health and visiting your doctor regularly for mamograms and getting them done as often as you need to, just talk to your doctor about it! The world needs to look out, all of us powerful ladies are starting to take over, in the words of Beyonce, 

"Who run the world.....girls!"

As always, Stay Stylish
xoxo
-Viktoria