October Alphabet Trends: B is for...

'B is for Burgundy'

This is a classic trend, or more a color, that you will see year after year for who knows how long.  Every October, as the summer clothes get marked down to a couple dollars and the Fall clothes get hung on the racks, the stores get painted Burgundy with pants, coats, sweaters, knee high socks, and ankle booties.  Everything looks good in this color, and every woman does too.  No matter what your background is, if you are sun-kissed like me year round, or porcelain pale....Burgundy is a go to Fall shade. 

For this first look I paired my burgundy maxi skirt with a lace blouse and a camel colored blazer.  Sometimes, simplicity in fashion make the most put together looks.  Although this is last year's skirt, I guarantee you will find a burgundy maxi somewhere if you look hard enough.  Instead of just nude flats, I paired my look with blush ones that have the itty bittiest hidden wedges for just a little more height.  






Blazer: Target
Blouse: Forever21
Belt: Thrifted
Maxi: MNG by Mango for JCPenney
Flats: Target
Earrings: JCPenney
The next look I put together for ASFO is a play on classic burgundy skinny jeans.  Keeping with a fairly similar neutral color scheme, I added a short sleeve sweater top and snake print chunky heels.  To complete my look and make it scream "Fall Fashion" I reached for my little floppy hat. 

**VikTip: If you go looking for skinny jeans like mine, make sure you ask the sales associates for help but use different terminology.  Some stores are trained to call this color 'Wine' or 'Oxblood'. Although you could argue those 3 are different shades (which I think they are), with the busyness of the holiday season at the mall, you may get a quick response to a question, and they tell you they don't carry that, when they merely misunderstood you.***  







Pants: Target
Heels: DSW
Sweater: Target
Sunglasses: Aria
Hat: Target
Another great way to rock the color is on your lips! A great black and white look with a dark red lip is perfect for Fall!
 
Which Burgundy look do you like better!? 
Fell free to leave a comment below, thanks for stopping by today.
Stay Stylish
xoxo
-Viktoria