October Alphabet Trends: C is for...

'C is for Collegiate'

The Collegiate trend can be summed up as any articles of clothing that are 'Varsity' or private school uniform inspired.  You might not understand what I mean, based on that description, but I'm sure you've seen what I'm talking about.  The cute button up cardigans with the dual strips on either sleeves, the Letterman inspired jackets with 80's style capital letters on the chest, or the plaid skirts resemblent of private school uniforms. Collegiate inspired apparel is all the rage this year!

For this first look I took a Letterman style jacket that you have seen styled once before. Today, I layered it over a trending OUTFIT that I have seen dozens of bloggers put their spin on recently, pairing a light wash denim button up with dark wash jeans.  I've already put my spin on "denim on denim" once before, but took a more literal approach with this look.  The converse that I wore for my 'A' trend outfit I broke out again, because they match my Letterman jacket perfectly, and complement the jeans very well.



Letterman Jacket: Charlotte Russe
Denim Shirt: Target
Jeans: JCPenney
Converse: Journeys
Pearl Earrings: Sears

The second look I put together, specifically for you all, was this outfit inspired by a uniform style sweater.  I can't get enough of little chunky sweaters and cardigans like this, where they have embroidered little patches that look like a preppy private school.  I probably have 3 or 4 in my collection and they are perfect for Fall.  This one is on the thinner side so I layered it under a navy Ralph Lauren blazer.  My green skinny jeans complement the Navy Blue perfectly and look great with the cognac slouch boots that I used to finish off the look. 


Sweater: Forever 21
Blazer: Thrifted
Pants: JCPenney
Boots: Endless.com
Earrings: Above
Leave your comments below!
Stay Stylish
xoxo
-Viktoria