October Alphabet Trends: M is for...

'M is for Maxi'

Maxi skirts are practically like giant blankets. I love everything about them and they make for great wardrobe pieces in the Fall.  I own three of them but only one of them is really "fall appropriate" and the other two are summer skirts with lighter fabric, but that didn't stop me from styling them for the new weather. 

I'm sure you have one of those summer skirts but don't worry, you can get the best out of your skirts for the Fall by using the two examples below.  

The first maxi I have is great because it was made for summer, but it is a fun Fall color so you can easily style it for both seasons.  I paired it with a top that is still being sold in Target with these adorable little birds on it that are very reminiscent of Andy Warhol paintings with the gorgeous overlapping colors and intense shadows.  I tucked my shirt into the skirt and then added a thick, braided belt and matching ankle booties. To finish off my look, I went with some fun stone and tortoise shell jewelry!




Necklace and Skirt: JCPenney / Top: Target / Belt: Thrifted / Earrings: Aria / Shoes: Endless.com

Another fun way to transform your summer maxis into Fall maxis is by layering!  This skirt is the reason I don't have more than 3 maxi skirts.  I fell so in love with this skirt so much that all other skirts I found after buying this one didn't even come close to living up to the standard of this skirt.    Because it has so much going on all I did was layer my leather trim vest over a basic long sleeved gray shirt and paired it with my worn-to-death black booties.  This is by far the easiest way to put together a fool proof Fall outfit in seconds.


Skirt: JCPenney / Booties: Macys / Long Sleeve: Target / Vest: F21 

Now if you actually have a Fall/Winter specific maxi, or any really that is made of a heavier solid material like this one, then I say go big or go home.  Fall is 100% about "comfy cute", so I love the look of a slouchy sweater with my skirt, paired with some nice flats and a chunky scarf.  I went with a black and white look head to toe, but also had fun mixing prints.  Evenly spaced stripes and floral print is completely fool proof in any combination possible.  To add a little bit of unexpected fun though, I paired my ensemble with shiny, metallic flats that peep out as I walk around and turquoise earrings.




Skirt & Scarf: Target (old) / Sweater: Thrifted / Earrings: Aria / Flats: JCPenney


What do you think? Summer maxis styled for Fall, or Fall Maxis with cozy clothing? Leave a comment below!
.....
Stay Stylish 
xoxo
-Viktoria